As corporations drive to leverage new enterprise technologies, young technology companies are responding. This innovation in enterprise software and technology is happening globally. Yet, many early tech startups have insufficient sales and marketing capabilities and lack the early customer access that is critical to success. Increasingly, entrepreneurs are looking for support beyond capital; specifically operational & industry experience, sales capabilities, and customer access. For investors able to provide this differentiation, the opportunities are significant.
Abundance is focused primarily on Series A enterprise tech investments, and provide significant sales & operational support to drive results within the portfolio. In conjunction with the fund, Abundance is launching an enterprise tech focused sales & marketing accelerator to drive commercialization for funds’ portfolio companies. Primary enterprise tech sector focus includes: SaaS based enterprise software, big data & analytics, mobility/communications, security, software-defined storage, B2B software & services.
How we generate superior returns:
- Focus on enterprise tech where business models and exit strategies are known and the Abundance team can influence outcome
- Drive revenue to portfolio companies through dedicated sales & marketing accelerator
- Maximize ownership per dollar invested
While we typically take a broad and opportunistic approach to the investment landscape; there are certain common criteria we seek in the companies we back:
- Exceptional Teams With a Passion to Win: Innovative founders with proven management capabilities, passion for building great businesses, and adaptability to redirect when necessary in an evolving landscape.
- Scalable and Efficient Business Model: Clear business and revenue model to create a sustainable and profitable enterprise.
- Solid Traction: The degree of traction required is relative to the stage of the company’s development. It could manifest in the form of technology development, pilot users, customer traction, or sustainable revenue growth.
- Alignment of Interest: We insist on proper alignment of interests between founders and investors.
- Pragmatic Valuations: We leverage our public markets experience when determining appropriate valuations. Company valuations need to reflect a realistic sense of accomplishment and future potential. We seek to ensure that the risk/reward characteristics are reasonable for both investors and founders.
Abundance is excited to meet ambitious entrepreneurs who share our philosophy and approach. If you fit that category and could benefit from our experience, relationships, and capital we look forward to hearing from you.